Village Underground and EartH are seeking a Marketing Apprentice to join their team.
The successful candidate will aid primarily in the day-to-day running of our social media platforms, website editing and content creation (images, copywriting and films).
They should be an all-rounder with great copywriting skills, plus the eye for – and the skills to – create engaging images, film and design for social media channels. They should have a keen interest in social media (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat), blogging, and streaming services like Spotify.
They should be passionate about music and the creative arts. The ideal candidate will have ideas to bring to the table as to on how to create and use engaging social media content to attract audiences. They will be required to perform a light amount of basic administrative tasks.
Tasks will include:
– Day-to-day posting and scheduling on social media
– Responding to customer enquiries via email and on social platforms
– Setting up events on our partner ticketing platforms
– Prepare and send bi-weekly report on ticket sales figures
– Setting up event listings on our websites
– Collating stats on performance across digital platforms
– A can-do attitude
– Excellent attention to detail
– Organised with ability to prioritise
– Passionate about music and creative arts, especially the programmes of Village Underground and EartH
– Interested in pursuing a career in the creative sector
– Experience of copywriting
– Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly
– Experience of using social media platforms (including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
– Image editing – Photoshop
– Film editing – Adobe Premiere, Final Cut
– Design – Illustrator, InDesign
– We are looking for candidates for whom this position will be their first apprenticeship.
– We recommend to look up the conditions for becoming an apprentice prior to sending your application. More info: https://www.gov.uk/apprenticeships-guide
About us – villageunderground.co.uk | earthackney.co.uk
Village Underground is a multidisciplinary venue presenting live concerts and electronic music events alongside theatre, performing arts and visual arts. Each year, VU has an attendance of over 150,000 people, stages more than 500 performances and works with more than 1500 artists.
EartH (Evolutionary Arts Hackney) is a multi–arts space for the 21st Century. Programming is broad, global, open and rooted in the highest quality artistic pursuit. We seek to bring together both the leading, rising and other important talents of varied artistic fields under one roof to provide a vital new home for the arts in London.EartH looks to become a leading light in the city for audiences of all ages and walks of life to meet, listen, watch, dance and enjoy all that artistic endeavour and creativity has to offer.
Both venues play host to commercial events, the revenue of which is put back into the artistic and education programmes.
Salary: Apprenticeship Minimum Wage
To apply, please send a CV and short cover letter stating your interest for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date: 15 February 2019.